Thursday, February 14, 2008

I've been remiss

There's been a ton of fascinating stuff about the Democratic Primary that is now hopelessly out of date. Here, however, are a few links to what I think are some interesting developments.

The scorched earth policy that the Clinton campaign appears to be prepared to wage may be short-circuited by the party elders. The NY Times has a story on a Democratic icon having second thoughts about his commitment to Clinton.

Now, I have no more insight into this matter than anyone else, but John Lewis' change of heart seems to me to be as significant a development as anything we've seen in the primary season so far. There is obviously a fight being waged for votes and delegates out in the open, but there is also a quieter but just as vigorous fight being waged behind the scenes for the super delegates that may tell the tale of this contest.

Also, Clinton is running ads in Wisconsin challenging Obama to additional debates. Here's the ad in question.

It seemed to me that the only reason Clinton would want to get back on stage with Obama was to keep him from engaging with voters, which is something she absolutely must prevent to have any chance of slowing his locomotive-like momentum. Here is Obama's reply to her ad. (Courtesy of Sullivan).

It's pretty clear that the Obama campaign is on to her and their response is so perfectly nuanced as to expose the Clinton jibe for the craven and desperate attack that it most surely is.

Here's an editorial from a website that I frequent. I learned a couple of things I didn't know.

It looks to be an interesting week or so; I'll try to do better at documenting the attrocities.

No comments: